[3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:30:15 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: MD

   CW:  100    19
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  100    19  Total Score = 7,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Propagation seemed to be one-way at times, as there were several times when S9+
stations were calling CQ, and a bunch of us in the mid-Atlantic were calling to
no avail.

Even so, I love the micro-openings that you get in this contest.  For five
minutes, some DX comes up out of the noise, then retreats just as quickly.

Hats off to K7RL, who came up like that for about 90 seconds and then was gone
just seconds after I worked him on Sunday.  I'm sure my 100 watts wasn't
exactly pounding in on the West Coast.

Best moment came on Saturday morning, when I worked an EA.  My logging software
immediately put a message on the screen:

"Based on the last 7 years of your ARRL 10 propagation, this contact with a
European station is considered implausible."

;-)

73 Jamie NS3T