[3830] ARRL 10 VE1ZA SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE1ZA SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:21:58 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

   CW:  165    56
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  165    56  Total Score = 36,960

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

OK where to begin, My goal was to surpass last years results, but had some
difficulty in doing so. Had some decent conditions friday night and had a few
contacts, so I thought saturday would be better.  Saturday morning conditions
were OK and had a few contacts but saturday afternoon and evening was dead.
N1mm decided to crash and I had to wipe clean and re-install from scratch.
After that I played in the PSK deathmatch to give a few points.  Same happened
on sunday, the morning was  good and had a small run, but the afternoon was
dead.  The evening produced a small run and some good multipliers (ME, NY
-Short skip)--signals leaped out of nowhere!.  Missed VE8EV--just could not get
through. Highlight when SD ND called me during a run.  In the end, I supassed my
points by 10K and Mults 15 (4-- XE mults).  The trans equatorial QSO's were many
to be had, but up here not too many.  Thanks to VY2ZM and VA1MM for the local
mults.  Thanks  everyone for the QSO's and CU AGN next year; HPE conditions are
better.  Tony VE1ZA