[3830] ARRL 160 KC4D M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wwbillperkins@ntelos.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KC4D M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:03:29 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KC4D
Operator(s): KC4D, K1SE, WB4ZPF
Station: KC4D

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 26:43

Total:  QSOs = 1169  Sections = 74  Countries = 40  Total Score = 295,944

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

1202 Total Qâ??s with 1169 of those good non-dupes. 2596 Points in 114 Sections
/ Countries for a total score of 295,944 in 26 Hours and 43 minutes of
operation. We worked 74 of the 80 available ARRL / RAC sections missing only SB
and ORG in the lower 48 US Sections (ie we worked all lower 48 States) and PR
and AK outside the lower 48. Missed the usual two (NL and NWT) in Canada. Had
only 40 non-US / Canada Countries, our one major disappointment. As in some
other 160 Meter Tests in past years, my ambient noise level was quite high even
with the beverages, as nearby power-lines etc. snapped and popped loudly in the
high humidity snow conditions making weak signal copy extremely difficult. One
friend, gave up and went home with a blazing headache, after only 2.5 hours on
Saturday evening. I finally crapped out at around 3:00 AM on Sunday morning. I
heard many other apparent EU DX stations calling us, but the noise level was
just too high to pull them through. Despite the disappointing country count,
Iâ??m fairly sure this is our largest total Q-count in any 160 Meter test, and
likely our highest 160 Contest Score ever, even though we left some prime
operating time on the table. Thanks to all who stopped by to share a report
with us. It was great fun!!!
73, BILL, KC4D