[3830] ARRL 160 K0VXU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0VXU Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:41:04 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

Total:  QSOs = 730  Sections = 77  Countries = 18  Total Score = 144,115

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

As has been this contest season, my operating time has been very limited.
However, this contest favors the hours available to operate (read nighttime).

Last year was my first time to participate in this contest and I found it very
enjoyable.  So, there was no stopping me this year despite the limited op
time.

The band was in very good condition and there was a good number of stations
participating...even in other countries around the world.  DXing from the
middle of country is always a challenge, so I have no notion of being a top
competitor.  Yet, there were still several European stations that could hear me
and vice versa.

Multipliers missed were PR, NL and NT.  Probably that is more a reflection of
the hours I had to operate and being at the right place at the right time.
Interestingly, I checked last years numbers and found that I made 67 more QSOs
this year but had the same number of multipliers. Considering my antenna
(Inverted L) I don't feel too bad about this effort.

Great to see many of the top contesters in the contest.  Thanks to all who
pulled me out of the mud and for all of the QSOs.  See you next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU