[3830] CQWW CW OZ8AE SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz8ae@qrz.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OZ8AE SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:37:09 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OZ8AE
Operator(s): OZ8AE
Station: OZ8AE

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Virum
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  214    10       50
------------------------------

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

Hi Folks.
It was NOT my intention to work CQ WW on 80 meters. I have decided to go for 40
meter with OV3X. However, as You may read under OV3X, my Rig broke down and I
had to go for an alternative. As I could not work any new from 7000-7100 KHz
with OV3X, I made a new file and played around on 80 meter with OZ8AE and an
IC-706MKIIG and an inverted coaxial L-antenna - bazoka like - idea from NZ4O.
It was 12 meters high, elevated feedpoint and 3 tuned radials. It played like a
dream and I had very good results with the 100 watts into zone 8-9 and US.
Sunday evening - however - I had arcing - from static in my matchbox - and when
switching between the antennas my IC-706 stopped working - then the contest was
over. - Next morning the IC-706 was able to transmit again - strange.
The static was so high that I had arcing all over and had to ground all 3
antennas to the rear of the MN-2000. Heavy snow showers and then suddenly
lightening and thunder. -
Sorry - I couldn't make it better this Year. - The highlight of the Year for me
- and every Year from 1981.