[3830] CQWW CW KV4FZ SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KV4FZ SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:18:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: US Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:  900    91       24
------------------------------

After working G3FPQ in the first 15 minutes of the contest I had high hopes
conditions to Europe would be at least fair.  However, the first night only a
few could hear me through the wall to wall QRM in Europe.

The US East Coast was normal but the West Coast was way down and later the EU
pre-sunrise opening did not materialize. There were plenty of new US calls to
at least keep the Q rate going.  On Saturday/Sunday signals from Europe
appeared almost 2 hours before sunset.  After working Nodir at 2300 there were
steady Eu's interspersed with NA all the way to 0801 GMT.  This was an
exception in propagation as EU peaks and valleys normally are the rule.  Some
signals had flutter at times but there was no noticeable signal skew from the
direct path.  Also there were no KL7, JA's and UA0 heard even though ZL8X and
ZL3IX were very strong and easy to work.