[3830] CQWW CW S56A Single Op Xtreme LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW S56A Single Op Xtreme LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 02:39:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: S56A
Operator(s): S56A
Station: S56A

Class: Single Op Xtreme LP
QTH: JN76GB

  160:   64     6       37
   80:  187     9       58
   40:  211    25       80
   20:  213    24       77
   15:  172    25       65
   10:   23     8       14
------------------------------

My initial plan of alternate CQ with SO2R LP setup on 80/40 m didn't work at the
beginning of the contest.  Swapped audio feed from left/right radio didn't help
either.  First snow moved all my antenna resonances some 500-600 kHz down.
N1MM Logger got blocked after 5 minutes of S50ARX combined feed of CW Skimmer
and DX Cluster spots.  I quit after frustrating 2 hours and failed robot
response to N3RS calling me.
Morning walk with samoyed dog cleared my mind from excessive C# programming and
I continued with classic search & pounce slowly turning smooth FT-1000MP VFO
knob.  I had only one nice run of EU on 80 m at 20 Z.  TS-480 fan seems to be
noisy and I'll move radio further away keeping only front panel at my nose.
DXSummit offline band spots were used on Sunday for chasing Asia and Pacific on
the higher bands, I finally switched on homemade 1 kW QRO after lunch and
allowed robot to call CQ on 15 m toward USA for over one hour.  Nice QSO with
K4SV, AD4ES and K0RF remembered and screen printed.  Band closed early and bad
snow static QRN appeared.  I went to TV news for 3 hours and continued at 19 Z
on closing 20 m.  QRO somehow blew 2L40 Yagi or antenna relay and I wasted a
long time calling 8Q7DV as I was convinced everything was fine after working
few USA and JA stations.  I changed to 40/80 m dipole which even TS-480 refused
to auto-tune.  I ended up on 80 m working few exotic mults including OH2BH and
CR3E.
K1EA once said: Enjoy the contest and decide your category later.  This is
exactly what I did but I stay in Extreme despite supervising my CW Expert robot
all the time.  Aggregate processing of massive S50ARX spots would be my next
project in preparing smart S&&P robot option.  Free demo version for playing
with Morse Runner simulator would be released before Xmass.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU