[3830] CQWW CW W7DX(@N9ADG) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brianmo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7DX(@N9ADG) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:48:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7DX
Operator(s): K7BTW W7VV VE7XF N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Preston, WA

  160:   66    15       21
   80:  187    24       72
   40:  461    36      115
   20:  547    35      109
   15:  378    28       79
   10:   60    14       27
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

An international crew gathered together once again at 1100 feet above sea level
at the QTH of N9ADG for CQWW, using the W7DX call sign. Operating a bit
field-day style, we endured one cranky amp, one failed K3 filter, snow, a stuck
rotator (crank-down, climb, turn, unclimb, crank-up at 2:30am and 6 am), a stuck
vehicle, and countless USB computer interface hiccups to make this score. While
we are consistently humbled by the stellar performances our WWA section ham
brethren, we do have a lot of fun, gather stories, and vow to do it better next
year (helloooooo Pina Coladas!).

Conditions this year seemed better than last year with consistent openings on
10 and 15 meters. 20m was open early on Saturday morning local time, and it was
great to be able to work into Europe easily. Sunday afternoon, 20m was much more
subdued, and many signals sounded fluttery/weak, however we seemed to be able to
do OK. We used beverages as much as we could on the low bands, attempting to
surmount the interference from a neighbor's plasma screen. We felt like we were
well-heard on 20m and 40m, but could use improvement on 80m.

Special thanks to K7IR for the use of his tower trailer.

Setup:
2 stations, each w/K3, Alpha amp, ICE419b filter, microham interface.

Six Pak controller to switch among the antennas: Steppir DB36 @ 89', Steppir 4
el on a trailer at 60', 1/4WL 80m vertical, 1/4WL 160m Inv-L. Beverages at 30,
100, and 300 deg.

2 large dogs (Jordan & Oscar, 'brown' and 'browner')
At least one very understanding wife