[3830] CQWW CW K4LY SOSB(A)/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K4LY SOSB(A)/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:00:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH: SC EM85

  160:  125    18       64
------------------------------

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

Bronchitas prevented an my usual LP or QRP AB effort. I should have raised my
inverted L top to 90' before contest (can't rotate 6M and 432 yagis when I do),
but was too weak. It was at 64' until Saturday afternoon when I strugled on top
of the 66' tower to get it up to 80' using a bamboo pole.  I got a report of a
bad signal Saturday night and took time out to monitor with my K2 and see what
was happening.  Dropped power from 900 to 750 watts and it signal seemed OK.
On Sunday, I redid all my ground connections indoors and out, replaced some
coax jumpers, and added toroids to the 13V power line to TS-850 and the CW
keying line, but not sure if that solved the problem.  Frustration!  Life is
too short for high power!  Surprised to work so many countries and zones with
my modest setup and limited operating time. As usuall, 99% S+P. Thanks for the
Qs.   Doug