[3830] SS SSB VY2TT(K6LA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VY2TT(K6LA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:49:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   40: 1084

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

1. Major irony. I am the closest station to VO1/VO2 geographically, and I never
heard one.

2. Major butt kicking. VY2ZM hosed me and proved my showing had nothing to do
with location. Clearly I should have fought it out more on 20, but it was
painful and 40 seemed more productive.

3. Don't know if my off time strategy worked. My notes from 2006 & 2008 when I
did this contest from PEI were not to work the last 2 hours, so I saved enough
off time and had to quit at 00:40. I seemed to have avoided the late Sunday
doldrums, but Jeff had 500 more QSOs, so I probably took off times during
potentially higher rates hours.

Looking forward to CQWW CW.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT