[3830] SS SSB KY5R Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KY5R Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:25:25 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R, N1OKL,W4NBS,K4AMK
Station: KY5R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Another 1st for the new KY5R Multi sataion. Had a goal to best the multi record
for  the "sweet home" Alabama section( set in 1992) plus continue operator
developement. Well all goals accomplished. No equipement/antenna problems
during the event thank goodness. All op's professed to having a good time and
will be back in the future. SS appears to be a great intro to contesting with
new HF op's vice DX contest where they don't have a handle on callsign/country
identity, beam headings etc( Iknow the logging sftwe does this). Had no other
goals other than the two above. Oh the XYL did support the effort with two
great meals and double batch of chocolate chip cockies not to mention the
double fudge glazed brownies brought along by on of the op's. This is very
important to have the YL/XYL support which I am blessed with. So developement
and team building are progressing. Just hope I can keep the hardware just ahead
of the power curve. At least the team has an accomplishment under their belt to
start  with which is more than I ever had when I started  op'ng SS some 40 odd
yrs ago. TNX for the Q's es see all next year in SS. Tim, Ky5R in NA(north
Alabama)