[3830] SS SSB K7ZSD SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7ZSD SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:23:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 23:30

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The IRON MAN category in most contests is SOHP unassisted. The top operators and
stations are at the starting line and from the beginning never look back. There
are many of them and placing in the top ten is very competitive. This contest
brings out the best every year. So we have other categories, assisted, low
power, and multi. There one might have a little less competition and the top
ten has possibilities. So the last three years with my several antennas I have
entered the low power category and placed in the top ten.

No low power this year. Last year I swore no more. The low bands, 40 and 80 low
power from the west coast is worse than sleeping on a bed of nails. I said no
more.

So here is the effort at Hi power assisted. Forty at night was good, I could
keep a frequency for up to a couple of hours. It was enjoyable. Eighty meters
from the NW is still unacceptable, even with smoke. Look at the band break
downs for eighty meters east verses west coast. Yes, we have 20 meters.

As usual the operators in the US and Canada are just fantastic. The best in the
world. Even the new check numbers and the old timers with just a few Qs had it
together for this huge report. At 61 years sitting in a chair for 24 hours is
not easy, but the people you spend a few seconds with keep you going. Thank you
all, it was fun. See you next year.  Happy Thanksgiving, Brad