[3830] SS SSB VY1EI SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VY1EI@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VY1EI SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:32:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Yukon

Got off to a rocking start. 106 QSOs the first hour and 120 the second hour. 430
QSOs in five hours. Best start yet. Got a small run on 40 meters in the evening
and was quite surprised when VE9AA called in! VE8GER called in to give me NT,
that's always sweet. A strong start to this contest always peters out when the
sun goes down and stations from the lower 48 start contacting one another on
40M and 80M.

Sunday was slower. Got one 80 QSO hour. VO1HP called in to give me the rare NL
multiplier. The bands and the contestants dropped off earlier on sunday than in
previous SS contests.

Didn't get PR, VI and QC. It can be hard for me to get PR and VI. Usually I
have to get past stations from the lower 48 calling in during a pileup. Kinda
like a station from the west coast trying to get past the east coast wall to
contact European stations.

Always fun. 3 big contests down and one more to go.

Eric
VY1EI

www.vy1ei.ca