[3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6jeb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:21:43 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: East Bay
Operating Time (hrs): 23:19

  160:    0
   10:    6

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Where do I start?

OK, the night before, one of my dogs chewed through my Heil footswitch minutes
before the NCCC final practice/sound-check.  I actually rewired it in less than
five minutes to be on when the practice began.

I missed NL for a Sweep.  I heard a VO1 but it was just not going to be a full
circuit.

This morning, my XYL brought me outside in the rain to show me that a huge
branch from an adjacent property fell in the storm last night and somehow
missed taking down my antennas, not even so much as nicking a radial!  A foot
in either direction and it would have been certain death for my Butternut and
my A3S.

Ten Meters was actually worth checking out.  I saw a number of multipliers
congregate up there and with a nice opening to the southwest and the east coast
it was easy even barefoot.

Bug thanks to those who spotted me.  It almost always provided a bump in the
rate.

Every now and then I could climb up onto some small floating timber of an
actual run but I'd be back in the cold waters of S&P soon enough slogging it
out looking for fresh meat but getting rotting vegetables instead (mis-typed
spots, or the occasional anti-contest announcement across the Cluster (I will
spare us all the chuckle surrounding something so self-contradictory as said
announcements posted on a system developed by contesters/DXers alike)).

73 and my dog is still very much loved, and I now have a spare foot switch, hi
hi!
Jack, K6JEB