[3830] SS SSB N1CC SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1CC SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:47:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: North Texas

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  Antenna: 43' Vertical w/MFJ Remote tuner at base.  Transceiver:  Yaesu
FT-990 100W.  The dial knob assembly failed Sunday morning, the only way to tune
the frequency was with the Contest software.  This slowed down the rate of S&P
significantly.  Radio has to go back to Yaesu for replacement of the tuning
components.

Operationally, 15 Meters was the best band with 191 contacts, 75 Meters coming
in at 182 contacts, then 20 (94) and 40 (83).  I was able to run any band I
chose to run. Sustained rate of 34 QPH with short bursts of 60+ occurred.

The clean sweep was almost not to happen.  Near the end of my operating I found
NP4G and worked him on second call.  No 15 M propagation to KP2/4 so contacts on
40 and 20 were the onlys source for these.