[3830] OK/OM DX C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:01:41 -0800
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MAZOTOS

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  100    69
   20:  133    79
   15:  127    76
   10:    0
-------------------
Total:  360   224  Total Score = 81,088

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

With only a triband beam and an inv Vee for 40m there was no way I could do a
serious entry for this one but it is a busy little contest with great support
from the OK/OM ops every year so it is not one of those slow tedious affairs.

For two smallish countries there sure are a lot of Province/District mults, my
logger says 165 available so I thought it would be a challenge to see how many
different mults I could winkle out. It will be interesting to learn just how
many mults were activated but I made 103 in the end.

Band cndx on 15/20 were not great but ok, whereas I didn't hear any OK/OM at
all on 10m, in fact on that band, despite checking regularly, I heard one
solitary UA9 who had the skip to work a few who were In my 'dead zone', other
than that I heard only one or two African stn's on that band, it needs some
help for WW next weekend. There was an American op,I think now in that great
shack in the sky, who wrote in CQ Mag many years ago,(sorry, due to my loss of
grey cells his name is now lost to me) anyway he used to get out there up to
the ionosphere and salt it prior to all WW tests, we sure could use that now!

I'm gonna lose a few points in the checking as I was not using rig control and
failed to change bands on the computer following a rig change and I'm sure I
didn't get the changes quite right when I realised I had messed up.

Look forward to seeing you guys for the BIG ONE weekend after next.

73  Brian  5B4AIZ.