[3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:35:22 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio EN81
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 225  Total Score = 796

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Nice to finally get the 160 season into gear!

Static levels were S9+ with lots of QSB Saturday evening and it seemed every
QSO was pretty much a struggle.  Apologies to those I just could not pull out
of the noise.  Thanks to all for your patience and perseverance.

I went to bed around 0700 to get a couple of hours rest.  When I got back up at
0930, the static levels had subsided to a more comfortable S3 level, but
activity was pretty sparse by then.

My raw score is down about 2% from last year, but QSOs increased by 23.  Lots
of 2 and 3 pointers this year.  Only DX was KV4FZ, KH7Y, and KH6LC.  No EU
heard through the heavy QRN.

I also echo K1EP's list of "things that bother me about this contest" list.  I
would also like to add, although not unique to this contest, jumping onto a
frequency without a ? or QRL?.  Had a few instances of this occur while I was
trying to pull a weak one out of the noise.  Sorry if some thought I had stolen
the frequency, but I was actually already there, hence my unwillingness to
relinquish it.  A simple ? or QRL? would be much appreciated by all.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and points.  Looking forward to a great 160 meter
season!

73 - Rick WB8JUI