[3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 05:52:33 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NB,FN66
Operating Time (hrs): 6:31

Total:  QSOs = 121  Total Score = 407

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Where to begin?  Condx marginal most of the time, except a peak towards EU an
our or so before their SR. Au condx certainly don't help northern stations.
Will be curious to see if there's any OH/SM/VE8/KL7 entrants !

 With my "new" antenna it was hard to attract anyones attn.  It's a very low
inverted U,(untermintated) so kinda like a high beverage--hears really well !

 Overslept so missed all the sunrise action (DOH!)...recently I am trying  a
different tactic for filling in missing bits of my callsign, due to QRN, QSB
etc.  When an op sends: VE9? VE9? VE9?, I'll usually reply with "AA AA AA VE9AA
bk"....usually this works perfectly but sometimes  they'll reply with "9A 9A 9A
?"....geez, what happened to to the VE part? You had it a minute ago...musta
slipped on the floor.   Like I said, it usually works, but sometimes it's a
comedy of what they've done to the parts of my callsign they just had a minute
ago.  Ditto the grid square.

Never could get the attn of CN2R who was well over S9 here.
Heard N6RK a long long time, but couldn't get him with my (ahem)beverage.
YO3FFF, DL7CX, UY0ZG and UR7GO all 529-539 for 20 minutes or so but
unobtanium.

G4AMT and EI2CN had the loudest EU signals here for many hours. COngrats !

Big surprise to work PY1NB--thanks for hanging in there.

See u in "The Stew"

Mike VE9AA FN66 1.3kW + some kind of floppy wire + 1km of radials.