[3830] WAE CW DK9PY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk9py@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] WAE CW DK9PY Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:48:03 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: DK9PY
Operator(s): DK9PY
Station: DK9PY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Waldalgesheim

   80:   45    10   112
   40:  274   295   192
   20:  549   933   158
   15:  287   477   146
   10:   32    51    34
-------------------------
Total: 1187  1766   642  Total Score = 1,895,826

The contest preparation on Friday did not start well as the 5el monobanders
gamma match for 20m gave up, so I had to use the log per, which does not
provide as much gain as the monobander. However, the rest worked great!
Thanks to all fellow contesters and those stations who gave me even their last
QTC available. This years conditions were ok especially on 15m. Late afternoon
there was a heavy rain period with static noise making the 20m band unusable
for about 2 hours.
Another comment I would like to make is, that it is very hard to compete
against single OPs with the big club station setups, considering that single OP
stations setup and maintain their station on their own (beside of the 40+ hour
working time). But it is worth to spend every minute available for this great
and enjoyable contest.
See you all again next year!
73 / Armin, DK9PY