[3830] CWopsT N5AW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N5AW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:49:12 -0700
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Aug 11

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 0:35

   80:   1      0
   40:   3      1
   20:  34     34
-------------------
Total:  38     35  Total Score = 1,330

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was not good. Problems with one radio on 20 at the start so switched to my
other radio. Things were going great with 20 Q's in the first ten minutes but
then things went down hill. Second radio seemed to be working OK but couldn't
get any answers on it. Then the static started building and by 1935 was hearing
nearby thunder and had to shut down a few minutes later when the static
discharge on the antennas got to S9. Then when got to my office I had an email
from K8EAB in Georgia telling me he was hearing my repeated CQs across the
entire 20 meter band but could not find my carrier - no wonder I was not
getting any answers! That was when I was using the radio I had a problem with
at the start. Thank goodness he was kind enough to alert me! On top of that the
top antenna in my 2 over 2 stack on 20 quit working - after doing just fine in
NAQP a few days ago - grrrrrrr! Looks like I've got work to do. And then on top
of all that, the thunderstorm turned out to be just lightening and thunder - no
much needed rain. Things have to get better! - Marv, N5AW