[3830] ARRL June VHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:35:51 -0700

  3.4:   11     2
  5.7:   10     1
  10G:   21     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  408    96  Total Score = 83,121

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

Southern Minnesota was just north of the stationary front so we were cool and
damp - fog, drizzle, and temperatures in the mid 60's on Saturday, mostly
clouds and cool on Sunday. The SPF 30 got stored for next time. Sometimes wx
like this produces great propagation on the high bands, sometimes its just the
opposite. Guess which one we had?  High band condx's were some of the worst
that I've experiences for a June contest, especially on Saturday. 6m was
hopping, but as a rover its hard to be heard, so CW was in heavy use - a tip of
the hat to all the guys who check below 50.100, I hope I gave you a new grid.
For the high power SSB guys when you are running you may want to ask for rovers
every once in a while as there were several guys who were loud but I could not
break their pile-up - just a quick "Any Rovers?" check may net you a new grid
or two. See everyone in August for the UHF contest & Rovermania.

73, Jon