[3830] FlQP K8MFO(@K8MFO/BARN) SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K8MFO(@K8MFO/BARN) SOABCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:41:29 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO/BARN

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

--------------------
Total:  130     0  CW Mults = 56  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 29,120

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

It was so easy to break another contest record in the 2010 running of the
Florida QSO Party.     This by far surpassed the recorded scores for anyone
using  a Drake R4B receiver , Johnson Ranger II transmitter, and a BUXCOMM
Windom antenna.  AND it took only 3 hours and 23 minutes to do this!

All logging was done with a dull pencil on the backs of old envelopes, photos,
and the side of my barn operating desk.

This was also an official test of the EARS of mobiles roaming throughout the
Sunshine State, and how very well they did.

I will admit to being a little emotional each time that I heard N4O, the
special tribute to my long time pal INK Bowen, N4OO, who became a silent key
within the past few months.  Thanks to K1TO and K8NZ for their very special
effort.

Also enjoyed the special exchanges with Jim - VE7ZO at the K4KG/M station.
Guess when you spend parts of your lives on oppose sides of Gitchee Gumee (Lake
Superior), you develop a certain bond.

I had more fun than is usually allowed in Amish Ohio, and it surely sounded
like the rest of the participants were in the same mood.

I'm just an OLD DOG,. still looking for a party after 52 years of using Johnson
Ranger transmitters, and the novelty will never wear off.

Thanks for the FUN guys!

Don K8MFO   in Amish Ohio