[3830] Rus DX DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] Rus DX DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:50:44 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: DK6XZ
Operator(s): E77XZ
Station: DL0MB

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: JN48cu, Rastatt

   40:   874   792       96        76
Total:  1666     0       96        76  Total Score = 1,630,732

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Even from the view of a single band entry, the conclusion is: a great Contest!

Due to missed SO2R configuration for SOAB-CW I calculated the best chances for
me on 40m, arguing with 4L Optibeam up on 33m. The goal was to come close or
even to break the DL-Record set in 2007 by DL3TD. At the end, I only came close
to that time claimed 1,70 Mio. pts.( and 1,46 Mio. confirmed ).  Considering the
usual restrictions of the RDXC-Commitee, there should be a pure luck given that
would allowe me to break the record really ... but I still have some hope!

Great attention is payed to the multipliers, and the job was well done, but I
sacrified much of the time and couple of dosen of times my running frequencies
and the working rythm for that: sometimes it was a really hard job to come
trough in the pileups, fighting with big Russian Multi-OP stations. So said, it
was not just "click" job with the second VFO of my FT1kMP ;-). Hoped truly for
at least 150 Qs more, which must have been losed in time for shooting multies
and while finding myself sometimes on the wrong side of the band at the given
time. However, spent a great 24 hours in the chair and am thankful for the
support of my club and the family.

As I worked the contest for the very first time ( seriously ) from Germany, my
frist ( and World #1 resulted ) RDXC-experience in 2008 as E7/DK6XZ ( SO-14 )
would not help really, thought. There for, prior to the contest I have analysed
all open sources to find out what would be a good strategy. It was paying off:
Generally, think to have predicted well the band/contest behaving, except for
Sunday morning - which was letting me miss so many UA stations. So, the next
time could only be better...

Small statistics: ~39% R and ~17% NA of QSO-total. By far the best rate was 156
Q/h while the rest of "good" hours were only about 100 Q/h.

The band first showed well: UA9/0 appeared with other EU Russinas at the start
of the contest already, but the volume failed. Low rates, as expected, at the
first two hours. Than the bulk of EU/R started to come more and more down from
higher fequencies where propagations to Russia were getting worse - and the
band started to live. Yet, just 7 JA´s and 2 BY´s worked!?. After 22z a
slow-down till the well propagation to NA at 00z. Decent number of USA worked.
After again paying full attention to the east, at the anticipated opening to
Russia ( 04z ), the band was not offering the "quantity" any more.

Congratulations to all of band fellows scoring more than 1 Mio. Pts. and thanks
to YU1UN, YT2AAA, YT8A, OH6M, OK3R, YO9HP & Co for a nice competation. See you
next week on the same band from the great M/M Crew - please call and work DR1A
on all bands in CQ WW WPX SSB!

73 Suad, DK6XZ ( @DL0MB )