[3830] ARRLDX SSB CT1JLZ(OK1RF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pesta@labex.cz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB CT1JLZ(OK1RF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:02:45 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: CT1JLZ
Operator(s): OK1RF
Station: CT1JLZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Porto Covo

  160:  226    43
   80:  601    56
   40:  503    53
   20: 1445    61
   15: 1145    56
Total: 3920   269  Total Score = 3,163,440

Propagation conditions strongly worse than in the CW section. During Sunday the
15-m band worsened against Saturday, highly decrepit. Alternating 15 and 20
meters very problematic. Returning back to absolutely saturated 20-m band was
always difficult and conflicting.
Signals on 40-m band were relatively weak. I badly missed my 3-el Yagi after
winds destroyed it. It was impossible to use my 24-meter high vertical to
receive. With the Beverage I could only hear the "top layer" of all calls. I
used my vertical to transmit at 40 meters only as an emergency solution.
Thanks to all who called! Thanks for the patience on 40 and 20 meters, it is
really appreciated.

73! Jiri, CT1JLZ/OK1RF