[3830] ARRLDX SSB S50K SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB S50K SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 00:13:51 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: S50K
Operator(s): S50K
Station: S50K

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Idrijske Krnice

   20: 2424    62
Total: 2424    62  Total Score = 451,050

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

In advance hope was to finish cca the same as last year.

The conditions were slightly different compared to a year ago. As a result of
higher MUF, 20 m was not so open in the local afternoon hours, meaning lower
rates. But to my surprise an hour or so very good signals appear to be added in
the evening before the band closing. And that the both days. First day finishing
slightly below 1400 qsos and 60 mult, the second day adding VO2NS and VY0HL. No
VY1 spotted around or being called by, some were lucky to catch this one as
well.

The band was *very* crowded both days, just contrary as was in arrl cw, where I
had clear spot whole and both days. My apologies to a numerous US/VE that were
not copied in S9 local EU qrm. The band looked like that all around and did not
even tried to find another frequency.

Some very young voices came through. I was very delighted to copy KJ4EZA and
N1QAE, calling at different occasions. They both said to be 10 years old, while
responding with adequate skill.

Tnx for all calls & best 73s,
Marko, S50K