[3830] ARRLDX CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:08:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN49FO
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   47    19
   80:  400    53
   40:  861    56
   20: 1143    59
   15:  750    59
   10:    8     4
-------------------
Total: 3209   250  Total Score = 2,406,750

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Radio A: IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87
Radio B: IC756Pro3(INRAD) RX only, tuned to 10 or 160m

WT v3.23.0 on HP Omnibook XE3

(10) 6el Yagi @24m       (40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded)
(15) 5el Yagi @25m       (80) Bobtail
(20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m   (160) 27m shunt-fed tower, Mag-Loop (RX)

The 10m QSOs were:
1301 K3LR (later peaking S7 for a few minutes)
1402 W3LPL
1404 K3TC
1405 K9RS
1407 NR4M
1407 KT3Y
1408 W2CVW
1409 K2SZ
(the last 4 answered my CQ)

The QRN from a nearby industrial plant almost eliminates 160m here. After a
mere 4 QSOs in the first night I spent my morning off-time to experiment with
different RX antennas and noise phasing devices, but no luck. On Sunday the QRN
dropped just slightly allowing to pick out a few more callsign fragments. Sorry
for being deaf.

I really missed the off-time in the wee hours of Sunday and fell asleep a few
times.

However: A great weekend with spectacular west-coast propagation!

73,

Stefan DL1IAO
http://www.dl1iao.com/