[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7B(K4XS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KH7B(K4XS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:00:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 41.5

  160:  283    53
   80:  465    56
   40: 1338    60
   20: 1153    58
   15: 1565    60
   10:  167    39
-------------------
Total: 4971   327  Total Score = 4,956,464

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was my first 48 hour CW contest in about 15 years...well, 41.5 hrs anyway.

What a difference a year makes.  Last year I could hear EU on 20, but they
weren't that bad for QRM.  This year I had to QSY from 20 to 15 because there
were so many strong EU calling me I couldn't copy the US guys calling.  15 also
presented the same problem but on a lesser scale.

Was surprised to see I broke the Oceania record set at the peak of the last
cycle.  I doubt that it will hold since there is only a 140K difference between
the record and my score and the log checkers will probably chop that much off.

10 was full of surprises.  15 had slowed down Sunday morning and I decided to
take a chance on calling CQ on 10 and was rewarded by a packet spot and a huge
east coast pile up that caused the rate meter to go past 200 while I logged
about 15 new mults.  Just as quickly as it started, it ended...with CQs
unanswered.