[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:50:16 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - February 19

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   8      5
   80:  11      8
   40:  23     15
   20:  12      9
Total:  54     37  Total Score = 1,998

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Best conditions of the whole ladder series. 20 open nicely to the 4s 5s and 9s.

40 was the best Ive ever heard it from home w/ a quarter sloper.  LOUD signals
from the whole country. First time event in an NS: finished a Q and was called
by a literal PILEUP of stations, all exactly zero beat. Took me 3 queries to
get even a partial call out of it. Turns out it was a once in an season event,
probably due to the way the stars lined up at that precise moment. Ill take it!

FLASH: Switched to 80 and everything was working, I think it was N8EA i was in
Q with, when suddenly my output dropped to 10w and swr went infinite. Sorry
Joe. Tuner just quit working..so switched to internal tuner in the radio, but
no soap...but did find out the fix was to turn off the radio and endure the
longest 10 seconds in radio contesting... as the rig came back to life.  Seemed
to fix the output, but it kept happening.  Luckily 80 was a brief stop.

160 was very FB, but only lasted 3 minutes at the most.

Guess those great HF condx today on 10 15 and 20 rubbed off on the NS bands.

Will be on part time this weekend in ARRL CW, and if you hear a quick 'danwa',
in between your DX runs.... its just me saying howdy to all you guys in the NS
gang...

73
DanWa K7SS