[3830] NAQP CW NO5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NO5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:12:00 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   15:    3
Total:  563   123  Total Score = 69,249

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC Spicy

Comments:

Elecraft K3, Five wires at 25ft, CQ/X, WinKey and CAT in Navigator by US
Interface

This was a personal best NAQP-CW for me with great conditions on my three main
bands, and a lot of participation by some first-rate CW ops, many with calls
that were new to me.

My results could have been even better if I had paid more attention to time
management. I took a break late afternoon to get some quick refreshments and
wouldn't you know I got back in the chair and made a couple of Qs twenty-eight
minutes into the break. Usually that casual disregard for the clock wouldn't be
a big deal since toward the end of my ten hours I've already worked out 40m and
80m and don't have 160m capability. But last night was different and, at the
rate I was going at the end on 80m, those two minutes could have cost me
another fifty Qs. I say "could" because old Murphy was in the area.

You see, around 0445Z, with stations continuing to fill the 80m log at a very
good rate, my time was up and I logged my last Q. Thinking of what might have
been, and with a considerable amount of chagrin at myself for the two minute
oversight, I went into the logging program to prepare my 3830 comments. Hmm,
the mouse is dead, and the keyboard also. That little wireless keyboard/mouse
receiver must have ingested some of my NAQP RF on a QSO or two.

Oh well, I guess sometimes Murphy is not such a bad guy afterall. Even though
lurking and about to pounce he allowed me to log those final QSOs.

Thanks for the Qs -- I checked and they're all in the log. Hope to see you in
the CW Sprint,

73/Chuck/NO5W