[3830] CQWW CW ZW5UN(@PY5EG) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZW5UN(@PY5EG) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:15:33 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZW5UN
Operator(s): PY5CA, PY5KD, PP5XX, PY3VK, PY3DX, PY2WC, PY2EL
Station: PY5EG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curitiba, South PY

  160:   02    02       02
   80:   86    23       52
   40: 1072    34       99
   20: 1166    36      115
   15: 1927    34      119
   10:  322    18       39
------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

First of all we would like to thank our friend PY5EG/PP5EG Mr.Oms for let us one
more time to operate from his Big Contest Station in Curitiba, South of Brazil.
Everything was excelent. By the way.. All equipments working very well, many
friends giving a special supports, all the securities guards who always were
available and gave us a fantastic support making BBQ, coffee breaks, lunch,good
dinners and etc etc.

A Special thank you for Luciano PY5KD, Maia PY5CA and Peter PP5XX/PY5CC for
having been here with us and when we were tired, they started to operate.

Our first night of operation was not good because there was too many
thunderstorms around this area and we were concerning about the equipments. The
QRN on all low bands were extremaly high and the bands 40,80 and 160 were almost
dead. It was a not produtive the first night.

In general the antennas worked very well and the rotor for 3 el.Yagi for 80 mts
was ready to use.

Equipments used:
Running: Station 1
Yaesu FT1000 MP Mark V

Multipliers: Station 2
Yaesu FT 1000D

Antennas:
10 mts - 5 el Yagi - H stack (4 antennas) + 7 x 7 yagi
15 meters - 8 x 8 Yagi
20 meters - 6 x 6 Yagi
40 meters - 4 el Yagi Fullsize
80 meters - 3 el Yagi
160 meters - Sloper 1/4 wave

ZW5UN is include on the Golden Jubilee of Lions Club Batel participan of Global
Compac U. Nations.]

Thank for all stations in our log.

73
from Araucaria DX Group
PY5KD - Luciano, PY5CA - Maia, PP5XX - Peter, PY3VK - Fabiano, PY3DX - Toledo,
PY2WC - Waldir and PY2EL - Ricardo