[3830] SS SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene_n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 05:53:36 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

  160:    1

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Played a little more than half the alloted time. 40m was best band. 20m was way
too congested, and I got a headache trying to plow my way through signals
stacked one on top of another! Missed 5 sections, NLI, heard one S&Ping, VI,
never heard, SB, never heard, ND, heard one S&Ping, and NT, tried for over an
hour to work VE8EV, but I think the path to the east coast and 6&7's was best
for him. Heard a few 8's&9's get through to him, but mostly 6-7-and east
coast.
Q's were pretty easy on 40 with 100 watts and wire, but 20m was difficult with
100 watts and 2 elements at 37'. 15m helped in getting mults in CA and AK.
Spent way too much time trying to work KL8DX. Was really hard to break the west
coast wall he had running. Band finally popped up nicely to 9 land for a few
minutes late afternoon Sunday for me to get through.
All S&P, rig 756 ProIII, dipoles for 40/80/160 at 35 feet, MA5B 2 element
triband for 15/20m at 37'.

GO SMC! 73 Gene N9TF