[3830] SS CW K0TG(@W0AIH) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0TG(@W0AIH) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:39:33 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Had a great time operating operating at The Farm.  Thanks to Paul for helping
get things ready and fine tuning things as I went along.

Got off to a rough start.  Mainly due to cockpit trouble and dept of duh things
I did.

Looking back at the spots was interesting.  I was spotted by an EA1 on 15.  He
said MN in the spot.  Not sure where he got that as I was clearly sending WI.
But I had at least one station that I recall ask me MN??

The plan was to operate SO2R.  I needed much more time to accomplish that as I
had not used the MK 2R+ and had made some changes to the configuration for the
MicroKeyer that I normally use that were to hard to overcome in the time left.
It sure would have been nice to have the 2nd radio at times.  I forgot all the
time I spent last year at W0LSD preparing things on the PC.  Just need to use
it more often!

I was posting on Getscore.  Looks like I was the only MWAer on there.  There
were not as many stations on Getscores as I had seen in the past.  To bad as it
is fun to chase stations as your rate goes up and down compared to others.

I was surprised at how few MWA stations I did work.  I know you guys were out
there.  Kind of surprising for all the 40 and 80 meter QSO's I had.

The low bands were the money bands for me.  Paul and I were talking and
probably need to use the lower 20 meter antennas.  I had a good selection of
antennas though.  I figured I worked most of the people that heard me on 20 on
80/40.

Just for some comparison this is last years total from W0LSD in CO.  Somewhat
apples and oranges since I was HP out there.  But still interesting in some
respects.

Class: Single Op HP  K0TG
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 23:37

  160:    0
  10:    0

Apologies to Fred, K4IU.  Sec??  I should know better!  Tired brain!

Thanks to N0KBD for hanging in there for a tough QSO on 80.  Got it done!

Worked K5DOE.  Turns out it was K0UU in AR Deer hunting.  Cool call.

Lots of QRP stations.  Even on the 1st half.

73, John  K0TG  (Go Team North!)