[3830] TxQP NM5G Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP NM5G Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:05:33 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NM5G
Operator(s): K5GQ, N5TZ, NM5G
Station: NM5G

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Tomball

   40:  163     32
   20:  213    491
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  424    523      0  Mults = 137  Total Score = 318,566

Club: NARS

Comments:

Murphy visited early and often.

My station took a direct lightning strike last month which destroyed all
antennas on the tower.  So we started with one tri-bander on a 30 foot
trailer/tower and another tri-bander on a 15 foot pole, plus a 40-80 dipole at
34 feet.

The antennas interacted to such an extent that only one radio was used until
4:00PM.  During the down time a vertical dipole was assembled and erected for
40 meters and placed in service.  We added the second radio and began to make
significant progress on both 20 and 40 meter bands.

We had a lot of fun in spite of the problems.  I believe our Q count would have
been much higher if the antennas had behaved better.  Also, we could have taken
more time looking for mults.

We used CQ/X and WinKey for logging.  It is a very good program.  Thanks to
Chuck NO5W for two training sessions leading up to the contest.

Keith NM5G