[3830] CQ WW RTTY K2PO/7 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K2PO/7 SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:49:46 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K2PO/7
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO/7

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nerberg, Oregon
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   63   70      26       3     4
   40:   79  124      26      12    11
   20:  170  337      33      39    19
   15:   34   64       9      14    12
Total:  346  595      94      68    46  Total Score = 123,760

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Licensed for 38 years - finally braved RTTY.  I shouldnâ??t have waited so
longâ?¦

It would have been nice to start the contest at the beginning, but other
commitments prevailed.  Finally got to the shack 6 hours after the starting
bell and heated up soldering iron for finishing touches on the serial
interface.  Then fought computer for too long â?? trying unsuccessfully to find
a driver that would allow me to use a wireless keyboard.

Finally sat down to operate â?? only to waste a further 40 minutes trying
unsuccessfully to make a contact.  When even the locals replied AGN AGN I
finally figured out I was upside down.  (More reading of AA5AU tutorial and
TS-850 manualâ?¦)  Eventually, at 1:30 am (0830Z), made my first RTTY QSO: YW5T
on 40m.

Enjoyed the 20m opening on Saturday.  (My low dipole didnâ??t really cut it on
Sunday morning.)  Nice to work Africa (CR3L) and Pacific (FO8TZ) back to back
on 15m Saturday afternoon â?? like old times.  Among the countries heard but
not worked were U.A.E. and Armenia.

Resolutions for next year: (1) Get ready before start time, and (2) Have
something more than paralleled dipoles at 35 feet for antennas!!

Thanks to those who took time to patiently dig out the weak ones!

73,

/Bill