[3830] NA Sprint SSB N4OX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ox@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N4OX HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:57:18 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FLORIDA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

---------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition

Comments:

Operated with the old trusty, somewhat rusty TS-830S and an MC-50 desk mic that
I balanced on the arm of the operating chair and held in my left hand and typed
with my right hand. My Orion is packed up for a repair trip to Ten Tec. This was
also an all wire effort as the tribander is bundled up in the front yard for a
move to my property that I bought several years ago. The N4OX show is about to
go on the road as we will be moving to 35 gorgeous acres where permanent towers
and antennas will be planted as the building of the N4OX, "dream station"
begins. Plan is to install low band antennas first and then work on the 20
meter stack. It won't rival NR5M's super station, but it should be big enough
to make some noise on the bands. This contest season will probably be done with
semi permanent antennas as I am still recovering from back surgery. I bought
some 65 foot telephone poles last week for $50.00 a piece and will most likely
plant several poles for "instant towers" to try to get a signal on the air for
the fall contest season. I am looking forward to stringing out some beverages
and the hopefully relative quiet of the new location. A 65 foot telephone pole
is a rare item in this area of the country and I was pleased to find some on
Craigslist for $50.00 a piece.