[3830] SAC CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:56:57 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Mazotos.

   80:   19    15
   40:   73    32
   20:  134    35
   15:   78    29
   10:   32    13
-------------------
Total:  333   124  Total Score = 63,984

Club: CHILTERN DX CLUB.

Comments:

As mentioned by Steve, ZC4LI, we had electrical storms rolling around the island
this weekend. Not only was my start delayed but there were many shut down
periods needed both days. Static crashes were bad on all bands which made 80m
very difficult. Storms must have abated overnight as when I switched on Sunday
am 40m was beautifully quiet qrnwise, it was 8.30am local time so too late for
much propagation, should have risen earlier!

First time doing this contest, no result when trying to run, seems there few
casuals on the SAC side, very few low count numbers received, seems that most
of them put in a good stint or else stay away.

10m provided brief openings during a 1 hour period before local noon, nothing
at all heard outside that time.

15m was buzzing Sunday am, I heard as far as  Pacific (KG6) wkg the sac and
JA's audible for hours on end, there were hundreds of them in the pile for for
FT5GA - does he really need a 15khz spread?

20m was as expected and 40/80m maybe appeared worse than they were due to the
static problem. Had three partial qso's with TF3GB on 40m but was never able to
complete.

The scandinavians are excellent operators which made this weekend a pleasure to
take part in this event.

Eqp't - TS570 100w. 3ele Tribander at 15m, 40m dipole, Half sloper for 80m.

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.