[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:44:34 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

---------------------

Team: SMC Numero Uno

Comments:

In yet another burst of insanity I decided to try SO2R in the sprint for the
first time. I ended up doing QRP because one of my filters is only working on
80 meters and even with 100 W I had too much hash on the other radio. It worked
out OK though I doubt I improved my score much if at all using 2 radios, but
it's good practice. I lost almost 20 minutes when I switched radios (K-3 from
20 to 40 to use the beam, 765 from 40 to 20) at the one hour mark, and it took
me that long to figure out why my K-3 was deaf on 40 meters. I had somehow
touched the rx ant switch while fiddling some of the other controls.

Radio 1- K-3
80: 2 el vertical
40: 2 el at 95 ft
20: 4 el at 100 ft