[3830] NCCC Sprint NO5W LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NO5W LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:23:22 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - September 18

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  18     13
   40:  12     12
   20:   1      1
Total:  31     26  Total Score = 806

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Considering the shape of the bands tonight I was happy just to maintain my head
about the 30Q level. Thought at first when CQing without results for a couple
of minutes on 20 that I had missed the memo and it was an SSB night.

Spent most of the day working with Larry K5OT setting up the mobile for next
weekend's multi-two mobile run in the Texas QSO Party so I had to retrieve the
K3 and some other gear out of the mobile in order to do the NS. But after last
weekend's PB in the sprint, largely due to these Thursday evening sessions, I
figured I needed to get on as payback and to keep the string going.

Anyone wanting to take a little driving trip over to Texas, next weekend
(26-27) would be a great time to do it. You could help us activate some
counties in Texas. Right now we're at 201 counties having announced plans to be
on the air so we only need activity in 53 more to activate the whole state --
check out the coverage map at

http://www.no5w.com/TQP2009_AnnouncedCoverage.html

to see if there are some counties where you'd like to see miles and miles of
Texas.

See you next week,

73/Chuck/NO5W