[3830] NA Sprint CW W1WEF HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W1WEF HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:27:09 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ct

   20:   73   48 min
---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC #1

Comments:

Still my favorite contest but didnt enjoy this one as much as the last CW Sprint
in Feb when I couldnt make a single Q on 20.  20 was in good shape at the start
and the couplets were working for me better than ever...for half an hour. Moved
to 40 early at 0048, but after a super start on 20 ahead of giants the likes of
N2NL,N9RV,K4BAI,W9RE,N5TJ,K6NA, N2NC.  K5ZD already had me 64 to 59 at 0033,
and K1KI was ahead at 0004 by 5 to 4.  In the end, they all passed me out...I
guess I was an inspiration like Contest Scores ON LINE!

Like Tom, I was SO1R, HP, and made two band changes.  I thought 40 and 80 were
in great shape with very low noise, but my rate just got progressively worse
and  couldn't crack the 300 mark. Went to 80 at 0236, earlier than ever. The
only mult heard but missed was Ky; also missed Id, Az,RI, all the VEs except
VE3, and Ca (just checking to see if you're reading...hi). Heard W1UE several
times but never worked. Worked W1FJ and W1UJ one kc and one dit apart from each
other. Worked that guy with the strange "Long" name  too (fyi that was K1DG).
Drove back to the Cape this AM at 7.  JACK W1WEF

20    73Qs
40   124
80    98
295 x 45   13,275