[3830] IOTA VK8PDX SO(A)12SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig.edwards@nt.gov.au
Subject: [3830] IOTA VK8PDX SO(A)12SSB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:49:05 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: VK8PDX
Operator(s): VK8PDX
Station: VK8PDX

Class: SO(A)12SSB LP
QTH: Alice Springs, NT

   40:                    29      17
   20:                    39      17
Total:   0        0       68      34  Total Score = 23,256

This was my first IOTA contest & it was a lot of fun. I had problems breaking
into Europe and Nth America on 40 and 20 with just 100w into a vertical from an
inland location, but getting NL8F on 40m was a highlight. Nice evening
conditions to Asia on 40m both nights and on 20m after sunrise. Next year I'll
have the yagi for 20m and hopefully the sun will stop hitting the snooze button
and wake up to give us better conditions!! Well done to VK7ZE, VK7XX, VK6IR and
VK6ANC (and VK9IR) who were flying the flag for Australia and getting some big
numbers. See you all next year.