[3830] NCCC Sprint K1TN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K1TN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:23:20 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 24

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:   1      1
   40:  12      8
   20:  22     13
-------------------
Total:  35     22  Total Score = 22

I was determined to just SWL this week, to A/B my new 4BTV vertical and the
trusty Slinky on receive only, but after listening to 20 for a couple of
minutes I thought "I didn't get a license 48 years ago to just listen." So I
started late and hadn't even set up the new (to me) K3 to switch bands. When I
landed on 80 at the end I spent at least a minute calling CQ NS on 3840. Doh.
Fortunately, the K3 was on LSD, I mean LSB, so I was calling CQ only in my
mind, such as it is.

I stuck to the new vertical on 20 and 40 so didn't get in any more A/B tests
but the vertical seems to work. Might even be better after I compulsively
adjust it for SWR this weekend. It's 2:1 on 14.040 but with only 50 feet of 1/2
inch coax to it and the ATU in the K3 it probably doesn't matter.

It rained here all day so the beach was nice and soaked.

Were conditions better this week or is my new vertical working? Both, I think.
Reports welcomed -- was K1TN louder than usual? Liddier? Go ahead, hurt me.
Thanks.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City