[3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:51:12 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KI5XP
Operator(s): KI5XP
Station: W5WMU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lafayette
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  143    39
   40:  236    50
   20:  265    50
   15:   92    33
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  737   173  Total Score = 127,501

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: LCC

Comments:

Summertime + contesting = Thunderstorms!  For the first time in a few years, I
didnt work the first 10 hours straight through.  At 22:00z, 40 meters went to
about 10 over S9 of nothing but static.  I looked over at the shack computer,
brought up the radar and sure enough, a huge storm approaching.  Shut it down
for what I thought was going to be an hour and ended up waiting an hour and a
half.  Back at 23:30z for the remainder.

Conditions werent that great.  Hearing 10M open what appeared as every day,
didnt result in any qso's except for a local.  15 did play better then I
thought it would, but died out early and was over to 40 soon.  20 was the
workhorse band this time, with 40 coming in second.

Pat has done some awesome work on the 80M arrays.  They seem to work great and
actually do show some difference east vs. west.

I was worried early, it didnt look like things were going as well as previous
contests.  Scores just seem to keep falling.  Not sure if it was participation
or conditions.

Thanks to Jim, Jr., and Don for the LCC team.  Would like to have had 1 more to
add.  Maybe will start getting ready for it a bit sooner, give Dave and the guys
in Arizona a run.

Thanks for the qso's and see you guys in the next one!