[3830] MiQP K8MM Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8MM Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:31:34 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MM
Operator(s): K8MM
Station: K8MM

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GENE
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:  136     93
   40:  133     15
   20:   37      3
   15:    2      2
   10:    2      2
--------------------
Total:  310    115  CW Mults = 75  Ph Mults = 63  Total Score = 101,430

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3 Tri-bander at 50'
40M A pair of dipoles at 70' beaming N/S or E/W
80M Dipole at 70'
80M 2 element phased verticals beaming E or W
800' Unterminated "Stealth" Beverage E/W

Rig: A pair of Elecraft K2/100's @ 5 Watts
Software: N1MM

Lot's of fun again this year, and it seemed like there was a lot more activity.
I decided that I was going to glue my butt to the chair and not miss any
operating time like I have the last couple years. This is the first time I've
actually had all the antennas repaired after the harsh winter winds, and the
shack was ready to go. Thanks to AC8W and K8DD for helping me take down a
broken tri-bander and put up a good one a couple days before the contest.

I did have to fight line noise for a lot of the time, so sorry to those that
called but kept getting covered up by the QRN from Detroit Edison. I know
K8MR/M asked me to do something but I couldn't tell what it was, probably QSY
to CW I'd imagine. Sorry Jim, I would have liked to have another mult. I ended
up with 52 counties, and heard a few more but never worked them.

I got to move a couple locals so I ended up with qso's on 15 and 10 cw/ssb.
With bands being dead, it was the only way I'd end up with anything there.
Thanks for moving guys.

I finally rolled over 100,000 points with less than five minutes to go. I saw
how close I was getting in the last couple hours and really put my head down
and pushed hard to make it there.

Thanks to all the NS ladder guys that stopped by and worked me. See you guys
Thursday night.

A special thank you to my wife for keeping me fed, watered and giving me
updates on the Redwings game. No lost operating time for meals!

73,
Ian - K8MM