[3830] WPX SSB YT1BB SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB YT1BB SOSB20 HP
From: Vladan Curlic <yt1bb@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
Call: YT1BB
Operator(s): YT1BB
Station: YT1BB

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Ovcar NR Cacak 950 asl

   20: 2470
Total: 2470  Prefixes = 939  Total Score = 4,807,680

Club: Non Serbian - Bulgarian
Comments

Yes, I m getting older (59), but still contest Is miracles event.
A Sudden set off to the spot on friday at 12:00 local. My friend Zoran
sympatizer of Ham Radio, experienced for good cooknig soup and grill, equipment
and good old "Lada". Deep snow at the last tourning. Lost 2-3 hours, hard work
and the aim is there. Antenna (4.elbeam) with one element band out of shape.
The other (2L) only a part of the boom.
Rotary part out of use but there is a spare rope.
Again 2 hours lost for repair element of antenna. No cluster too! OK, contest
has begun, Again problems with amplifier and vlotage. Hour losted again (no LP
to VK-ZL).
The east full with dificulties and hard for operation. EU poor. Finaly the
first day 1370 QSO's. Not enough!
The second day better propagation to the east, but there are not enough JA! No
cluster and I am forced to control the band frequently!
Final score
QSO 2470
NA 1026
EU 46%
DX 54%
PFX 939
The best rate -195.
RIG TS930 + PA
ANT 4elbeam up 15 m

Thanks YU1IG for nice hospitality before contest. Thanks yall for giving me
points.