[3830] WPX SSB NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:34:54 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NV1N
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were "mixed" here.  20M was decent to EU and just a bottemless pit of
signals.  Finally had decent JA just at 2230Z
on Sunday night.  It was impossible to get much of an EU run going on 20M until
about 1330Z both days although they were loud and easy to work.
Again I found that splitting the 100W into the 2 yagis pointed NE and W works
many times in this contest.  I often get a mix of EU and W/VE to call at decent
rate.  And the rate drops if I dedicate the the antennas some of the times.

15 was only a couple of EU.  Most of it was to the South but good sigs and lots
of mults.

A quick burst Sunday afternoon on 10M into SA provided a few mults (about 30
mins).

40 was fantastic!  My 491 Qs was the most ever in a SSB contest from here.
Sunday from 21 - 00Z was almost devoid of Broadcast from 7100 - 7200 (not
totally but pretty darned good) and was just fantastic to experience.

80 was very noisy so the Qs were down this year there.  Plus more time was
spent on 40.

I had to take an unplanned break Saturday from 16 - 1930Z and thought that
would really hurt  my score, but I seem to have made up for it.

In the end though, the contest produced the highest score, Qs and Prefixes
totals ever for me in this contest.

I heard some impressive QSO totals though.  So we will see if it stands up.

As always...it was loads of fun.  See you in WPX CW.

Ed  N1UR/NV1N