[3830] OkQP N5WR(@K5WE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, erik_martin44@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP N5WR(@K5WE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:33:38 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: N5WR
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: K5WE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wagoner county, OK
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:     89       0
   40:    271       0
   20:    291       0
------------------------
Total:    651       0  Mults = 99  Total Score = 193,347

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

This was my first OkQP and it was a very enjoyable weekend. I knew that the
rates would be slow as a fixed station CW only, but I wanted to put in a full
time effort and practice SO2R. I was basically a CQ machine with a rate around
30/hr, while listening on the 2nd radio for the rovers. This worked very well.
I made 142 second radio QSOs. I worked a total of 48 states (missed AR and WY),
6 VE provinces, and 45 counties. The rovers did a great job and made the contest
a lot more interesting. I was in the chair for as much of the 18 hours as is
humanly possibly with a house full of 4 generations of family for the weekend.
There was one moment during the contest where I was calling CQ on 20 in one
ear, listening on 80 in the other ear, holding my baby daughter in one arm,
eating dinner, and watching the OU game on TV all at the same time. I had a few
technical glitches, including tripping the circuit breaker 10 minutes into the
contest. When everything got turned back on, the fan had stopped working on my
Dentron Clipperton. So I switched amps and used dad's TL-922a instead. After
that, everything played well. Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

73, Erik N5WR