[3830] Commonwealth G0HVQ Restricted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G0HVQ Restricted LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:16:16 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: G0HVQ
Operator(s): G0HVQ
Station: G0HVQ

Class: Restricted LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:    5
Total:  113  Total Score = 565

Radio     ICOM IC7400 100w
Antennas  Hustler 4BTV (ground mounted with radials) plus low dipole for 80m
Software: N1MM

Forget the claimed score, as N1MM isn't scoring it right and I haven't got the
time nor inclination to do it manually!

Only my 2nd BERU, both at the bottom of the cycle, picked my operating times
wisely this year and seemed to be rewarded.

10m - nothing

15m - sparce but some good ones - VK6LW, ZD8RH and VP8KF. Could have done with
another hour at the end, just opening here with 7Q7BP working a pile-up as the
contest closed.

20m - a bit disappointing, but pleased to get ZL2IFb and AP2NK right at the
end.

40m - best of the lot, surprised to work the usual VKs and ZLs before tea time,
plus got called by VK5SW. Signals from VK and ZL were much stronger than last
year, but the 'S meter destruction' award goes to 6Y8XF.

80m - only had a low dipole but pleased to get my first ZL on this band (ZL4CT)
plus VE and Caribbean.

Good fun again, must sort out an 80m vertical for next year.

73
Darrell G0HVQ