[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2WN SOSB/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2WN SOSB/160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 09:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: grainger county

  160:  66     42
Total:  66     42  Total Score = 7,938

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Spent a few hours playing...

QRN got steadily worse though the weekend. Friday night was much better than
Saturday night. I think 9A1A had the loudest signal this weekend for a brief
period. F6CTT was like a beacon most consistent signal when I was on.

I am still amazed at how many DXCC entities hear me running LP on SSB, some
that I have a hard time with on CW... It was great to hear and work a few other
LP DX stations with nice signals. Missed a few and am sure I busted at least one
call, if it's only one I'll be happy.

Have to agree with VE3CUI, there were some nasty over driven, extremely wide
signals. I was trying to pull some weak signals out 3 Khz from some US stations
but the splatter was so bad it just didn't happen.

N4PN seemed to be everywhere ;o) We hit a number of fresh ones several times at
the same time, clean, quick and concise wish more operated the same.

Thanks to those who worked to pull me through and well do it next time to those
who I missed.

73,
Julius
n2wn

Elecraft K3
72' Tee vertical and badly deformed short beverage (darn you trees!! OK so they
didn't quite fall where I was aiming for hihi)