[3830] ARRLDX CW K5UN SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5UN SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:41:44 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5UN
Operator(s): K5UN
Station: K5UN

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Tx

   80:  260    81
Total:  260    81  Total Score = 62,937

First time to operate 80m single band so decided to go SOSB(A)/80. Additionally
it was the first time that I have really put the four square to use. I didn't
set any records, or break any, but do have a base line to work from now, with
my score and that of K5GO who certainly set the bar this year in the 5th call
area.

Conditions on 80 the first night were excellent, and even with all the
commotion created by the east coast stations calling CQ on 50% of the band it
was not difficult to copy or work dx stations. The dx signals were sometimes
so
strong it was difficult to tell them from the US stations. The second night
was
not as good and I had a little local noise and conditions were down a little
from the first night; as a result I struggled with a few of the 100w DX
signals.

I only did S&P and think I called CQ twice, so my Q's and score are reflective
of my effort. The four square performed flawlessly and I plan on being a
little
more aggressive in next year's attempt. Over all I feel it was a good first
effort.

Thanks to all the DX stations who made this a fun and enjoyable experience.

/lee - k5un