[3830] CQ160 SSB N2QT Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N2QT Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:09:20 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:50

Total:  QSOs = 852  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 36  Total Score = 213,072

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, I had my some of my highest rates as well as my lowest (6/hr for the
last 2 hours on Sunday!).   I miss the opportunity to run SO2R (I tried SO2V
but it's just not the same).  It just seems hard to sit there and cq when you
haven't had a call in 3-4 minutes.

After running several contests at LP it was nice to be able to break pileups
quickly (as well as having stations call that I could barely hear).  It was
also nice that the shack was comfortably warm compared to running LP!

The 87A would decide to periodically tune to some frequency out of band and
shut down, but nothing broke.

SD was the last state in continental US.  No Alaska or Hawaii.

Yaesu FT1000 MKV field, Alpha 87A
shunt fed tower, switchable EWEs on receive.